Friday, July 6, 2007

Summer Fundraising




Yep, it's that time of year. Summer fundraising. I won't go into the list of things we are raising funds for. Carwashes are my least favorite, yet the girls seem to enjoy it. The supplies are usually donated to us and the school parking lot provides the place. The summer custodian hooks up the hose and there we go. But I have 2 big pet peeves when it comes to the cheerleader carwash:

[Talking to the girls:]

1) No skimpy bikinis. Absolutely not. If you wear one, I'll give you a t-shirt to put on over it. All of these girls are underage and we are a public high school. We're there to wash cars, not show skin.

2) Do a good job. If the public is paying good money to have their car/van/SUV/truck washed, then really do it. Don't just spray down the car and quickly soap it up and give it another quick rinse. (My first year doing this, we had customers come back later in the day demanding a rewash or their money back.)

So, after an 8-10 hour day, we might make $200-$300 depending. It's nice to know that the community will support these endeavors.

I'm glad we only do this once a year...

No comments: